Saturday, August 25, 2012

College Gameday

I've really began to notice type this week. Specifically when I was watching ESPN the other day. They have this show called: ESPN College Gameday. While I've watched the show numerous times, I've always hated the logo but could never really place my finger on it. Until I looked at the type. The way it's laid out is so damn ugly. The way the words 'college' and 'gameday' are curved is my first pet peeve. It's set against this shield which I feel should remain perfectly horizontal. But my disgust doesn't end there. The way 'college' is set in bold compared to 'gameday'. It doesn't look uniform and makes the entire logo fall apart rather than come together. The only saving grace I find is 'ESPN' in gold, very simple and classic which keeps the platform it's set on (in this case the shield). I'd love the chance to design something better. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment